Epic gives details about the contents of Fortnite 6.20 updates which is quite substantial. The jackpot of the update is the launch of “Fortnitemares”, the Halloween themed event of the game. “Explore all the treats, exciting appearances, and new looks,” said Epic Games about the game. ‘event. “During Fortnitemares, you’ll face Cube Monsters in a totally new way to play Battle Royale, and new weapons will help you fight these frightening creatures like the Six Shooter and the Fender Hunter Crossbow.
The Fortnite 6.20 updates have several special features. “Remove fragments and cube fragments to recover loot and survive against enemy players.” It is interesting to note that Fortnitemares seems to erase the border between the Battle Royale and Save The World modes by giving players zombie-like enemies.
The other major additions to Fortnite’s Battle Royale mode are the Six Shooter, a new weapon and the ability to redeploy gliders. Epic said it was currently testing the latest of these two programs and was therefore available in all Battle Royale game modes. In Playground, there’s a new pirate ship mini-game along with “other fun additions” as well as changes to the Spiky stadium. Take a look at the Fortnite 6.20 update notes below, courtesy of Epic.
Fortnite 6.20 Updates: Social
The social list of Fortnite 6.20 has been completely redesigned. This is the first of many steps to improve the social experience at Fortnite. Expect more frequent updates and improvements to this experience over the next few weeks.
- The main social list has received new artwork, animations, and feeds.
- The Social List button has moved to the left of the screen and is now accessible directly with a controller.
- Controller and touch support has been improved.
- Party Finder has been removed
- All previous Party Finder features have been moved to the new social list.
- Places that previously opened Party Finder now open the new social list.
Fortnitemares cinematic video will not be played on the Nintendo Switch platform.
Limited time event: Fortnitemares
The Cube strikes back, taking Fortnitemares to Battle Royale! Come and find out what the cube has triggered.
- Cube fragments generate cube monsters! Come and discover the different types.
- Large cube fragments are found near the corrupted areas of the island.
- Small cube fragments are created randomly throughout the match.
- The Fiends, Brutes and Fragments cubes all have a chance to drop their loot.
- Defeating a Fiend or Brute Cube will award a small amount of shield.
- Fiend Hunter Crossbow added. Fortnitemare limited duration weapon.
This feature is available in an epic variant with 40 points of damage. It also features 1.8 shots per second and 4x damage against fiends.
It has 7 arrow magazine size with unlimited ammo. This could be found from ground booty, chests and vending machines.
Playground For Updates
New Port-A grenades are now available at vending machines at the southern end of Loot Lake. The Port-A-Challenge set includes the Construction Challenge, Obstacle Course, and Rifle mini-games. There are four of each type with varying difficulties in Fortnite 6.20 updates.
The Spiky Stadium is making a comeback with a brand new spawn system and vending machines to supply all the grenades needed. Finally, there is the Port-A-Pirateship mini-game. This grenade gives rise to a reconstitution of the mini-game presented by SXVXN!
- Obstacle course which features a collection of chips. This will avoid obstacles while honing your building skills.
- The building of challenges: it builds the structure as quickly as possible.
- Shooting range: It gets as many draws as possible within the allotted time.
Spiky Stadium V2
Out of the interesting features that come with Fortnite 6.20 updates are the spiky stadium and vending machine.
- Once inside the new Spiky Stadium, players will reappear at designated spawn points within the game space.
- Vending machines provide grenades and traps for you to customize your game.
It has features like; a re-creation of the mini-game presented by SXVXN. It creates 2 large wooden pirate ships. The mini-game will divide the players into two teams in order to destroy the other team’s ship.
Port-A-Pirateship Ironclad Edition
- It creates two large pirate metal ships.
- Grenades and rockets are planned for maximum destruction.
- New vending machines have been added to the map to provide more traps and weapons.
- A new spawn button has been added to the In-game player’s menu.
Weapons and Objects
Six Shooter added
- Six-shooter is available in uncommon, rare and epic variants.
- Basic damage of 34/36/38.
- Shoot from the hip for a faster rate of fire or swap your rate of fire for accuracy by aiming
- It uses medium ammo.
- It can be found from ground booty, chests and vending machines.
It’s a visual change only.
Canon hand balance changes
- An increment of damage to structures: It has an epic from 79 – 150
and legendary – from 83 – 157.
- It increases the minimal damage caused by long-range body-fire. It’s epic is from 30 – 50, and legendary of 31 – 52.
- Increased minimal damage by the bullet in the long-range head. It has epic from 60 – 100, and legendary of 62 – 104.
- It has increased in chances of finding a lot of 0.2%.
- The increment in chances of finding in coffers of 1.7%.
- The Glider Redeploy feature available in Soaring Limited Time modes can now be used in all game modes. This seems to be very interesting Fortnite 6.20 updates. Kindly help us test this new feature and tell us what you think.
In the open air and more than 10 m high, press Jump to deploy your glider.
- The weapons now recharge when reappearing in modes that retain the player’s inventory.
1. The waiting time for phase 3 reduces from 120 seconds to 90 seconds.
2. The waiting time for phase 5 reduces from 70 seconds to 50 seconds.
3. Game circles at the end of the game will immediately start moving to a new location after reaching its current destination.
4. Storm’s maximum damage is now reduced from 10 to 8.
- Players now take 2 damage per second when in the Down But Not Out state instead of 2 damage every 2 seconds. The maximum time in the DBNO state is reduced from 100 seconds to 50 seconds if no friendly player attempts to revive you.
Bug fixes on Fortnite 6.20 updates
- Abolished ability to mount Quad Launcher rockets.
- Fixes streaming issues on low-end iOS devices.
- Added unique sounds when passing through traps.
- Remove the audio tail in the air for gliders belonging to friendly teammates.
- Reduced volume of the Dark Viking glider.
- Your name now always appears at the top of your list of teams in the game.
- When a challenging batch is delayed, it now appears as “Coming Soon” instead of “Unlocking in 0 seconds”.
- Chain quests in challenge batches now display the current quest number against the total number of quests in the chain. Take 1/2, 2/3, etc as an example.
Animation and Art
- New variants added to the Musha and Hime outfits that are part of the Bushido ensemble.
- No challenge is needed to unlock these variants. If you own the outfits, they will be automatically unlocked.
- Pets do not get stuck in the air after their owner has blown up a vehicle.
- The animation of the quad jumper has been corrected.
- Goal and direction changes in other players’ views are now more fluid, both in the game and during replays.
- Better handling of larger memory Android devices (6 GB+)
- Custom HUD Layout users can now toggle the visibility of buttons across Combat/Build modes.
- Blue – Does not affect visibility
- Green – Visible
- Red – Hidden
- Buttons will only be shown when they are relevant to the player, even when set to “visible”.
- The Combat/Build quickbar is now resizeable within Custom HUD Layout.
- It also has extra buttons.
- Players can now edit structures while in combat mode while holding any weapon.
- The first weapon picked now properly equips automatically.
- Season 6 of Fortnite has been pretty dark and spooky throughout thanks to the “Darkness Rises” theme. Because of this, many of the new skins and cosmetics are quite creepy, like the Dire Wolf skin that evolves as you level it up. For more Halloween events in video games, check out Halloween roundup.
Get more from Techy webspace